Kilimanjaro Packing List is the idea of what to bring for trekking Mount Kilimanjaro, you may come from freezing experience but this is just to add in your mind some idea of what to bring.
All communal equipment such as tents, tables, chairs and cooking gears is provided by the climbing team from East Africa Travel Company. All personal equipment is usually provided by the climbers, although we have a fully stocked store of equipment available for rent.
Total luggage should be kept to a maximum of 20kg on the mountain. Extra luggage can be safely stored at your hotel. If you need to take more luggage, then you must let us know at the time of booking so that we can arrange additional porters.
Equipment you will need:
Soft kit bag 1 pcs
- Small backpack 1 pcs
- Rain cover for a small backpack (30 to 40 litres)
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Balaclava and 1 wool hat
- Sunglasses or goggles
- Poncho or waterproof jacket and trouser
- Down jacket or a good quality waterproof and breathable jacket for summit night
- Fleeces pants and jacket
- Thermal top and bottom 2 set
- Waterproof gloves and thin under gloves
- Lightweight pants for walking 2 or 3
- Gaiters 1 set
- Thick and thin socks 6 pairs (woollen or synthetic)
- Hiking boots leather recommended (waterproof)
- Spare laces and trainers
- Walking poles 1 pair
- Sleeping bag and liner (must be four seasonal or -15 to 20)
- Water bottle 1.5 to 2 litres
- Head torch and spare batteries and bulb
- Personal first aid kit (Antacids, Antihistamines, Antiseptic wipes, blister treatment, Imodium)
- Whistle and water purification tab
- High energy bars and snacks
- Earplugs (if you are a light sleeper)
- Plastic bin liner and soft toilet rolls
We do have some gear for rent, you tell us ahead what you want to add on your list.