Kilimanjaro Hike for those who wish to get a taste of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro without getting to the summit. We will leave from Moshi town around 8:00 am towards Marangu gate. Every person will carry their own lunch box provided by your tour guide and snacks that you have decided to purchase and take along your hike. After your tour guide fills in proper paperwork, you will start your hike into Kilimanjaro National Park area.
Kilimanjaro Hike | East Africa Travel Company
(Kilimanjaro) Hike the Park starts in a rainforest environment filled with lots of exciting things to see. You will see some small waterfalls, some simple wildlife like small tree monkeys and listen to the songs of many exotic birds.
Heading to Mandara Camp, about 7.9 km, we will sign in and rest as we enjoy lunch boxed meals.
Afterward, we will be ready to go again and our next destination is Maundi crater, roughly 20 minutes away. The view is beautiful with awesome scenery, beautiful flowers, and a wondrous volcano. The area around this part is covered with tall grasses only found here. Spending some time enjoying this area with great views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks that would better none other.
From this, we will descend the mountain and hear all the birds singing “Karibu Tena”, welcome again.
You will return back to Moshi town and we will say goodbye and welcome again from there.
Mount Kilimanjaro price Includes:
- Meeting at Kilimanjaro International Airport;
- Transfer to the hotel
- Accommodation prior to the climb (including breakfast; sharing a twin room);
- Transfer to the trail head;
- Professional mountain crew. All guides have “Wilderness First Responder” and “Wilderness First Aid” certificates, along with over 9 years of experience in climbing. Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 18 kg of personal baggage);
- English, Spanish and German speaking guide (certified as a Wilderness First Responder & Emergency Medicine Adult and Child CPR)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits;
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees;
- Camping/hut fees;
- 3 square meals daily. The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; vegetarian options are available upon request;
- Oxygen systems and pulse Oximeters;
- First aid kit;
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick);
- Camping equipment’s including sleeping tents, sleeping mats
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel;
- Guide, chef and porters salaries
- Accommodation after the climb (including breakfast; sharing a twin room);
- International certificates for a successful ascent;
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro airport.
- * Basic tour package price includes sharing a twin room. If you need a single bed accommodation only, you should contact a manager a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of the tour.
- ** During the climb you will share a tent with 1-2 other climbers, depending on the number of participants. If you need an individual tent, please, contact our manager. Single accommodation at sleeping huts on Marangu is impossible.
The climb cost excludes:
- Airline tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the ascent);
- Personal gear rentals;
- Tanzania Visa: $50/$100 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. Laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb
- Sleeping bags.
- Personal mountain gear
- Tips (Gratuity) to guide and porters
- Personal Expenses